CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Flashback to Girls Camp

With Easter coming up Julie and I had been talking about getting tickets to the Annual White House Easter Egg Roll. In order to get tickets, however, we had to camp out since it was first come, first serve. We had been tossing the idea around with our husbands, who...needless to say...were fine with going, if we did the dirty work. Fine with us. Thanks to Julie, who kept the idea going, more and more 'moms' in neighboring wards decided it would be fun. It was. We camped by the Ellipse in DC, right along 15th Street. The weather was better than expected, though it did get pretty windy around 3 am. Though I had a blast with the ladies and loved the view of monuments and the White House surrounding us, I will say I felt like I had been hit by a bus the next day. I don't want to admit it, but I think I'm too old for pulling all-nighters...though it won't stop me from doing it again next year!

This was my view the majority of the evening, let me rephrase that....the morning. (Rebecca, Shane and Julie - you look fantastic)

3 comments:

Julie said...

wow that photo really sums up how I felt that night! but its a great shot of the Washington Monument!

Anonymous said...

It would only have been like Girl's Camp if someone had fallen asleep and you TeePee'd them (or some other practical joke)! So did you get to go to the Easter Egg hunt?

shamers said...

awesome photo of me! :)