CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Halloween 2007



For those of you who don't know, Doug's birthday is on the 31st of October. To celebrate, we invited friends over for a Halloween Party. I enjoyed decorating and preparing for the party but at the same time realized I really am too much of a perfectionist. I stressed over decorating, sad. But it ended up being better than I had expected and others' remarks made me even more pleased with the outcome. I will say I am very proud of one item that added to the decor and that is the tree we built from branches pieced together. We used it for the Halloween party (see pic) and then left only the leaves on for Thanksgiving. Finally, we had the bare branches with white lights and poinsettia for Christmas. Now that it is gone(Doug really enjoyed destroying it and throwing it over our balcony) the corner seems so empty and blah.

Since we were being so festive we all dressed up as a barnyard family, inspired by Doug's sheep costume that he insists wearing year after year. Unfortunately, none of the pictures really turned out, however this one probably most accurately depicts Ava's emotions for that evening.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the tree--it looks great in the picture as, I'm sure, all the decorations did. Love the costumes, too. ( :