CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 29, 2007

Humidity is HORRIBLE!


Funny story ... one of my coworkers went to the zoo where they had a rainforest exhibit. Outside the "rainforest" was a warning sign that said, "WARNING. Hot Temperatures and High Humidity. Be Advised." However, upon leaving the exhibit, my coworker realized it was actually more comfortable inside the exhibit than outside in Washington, D.C.!


Now, why that story matters. It's been very hot, humid, and muggy! My buddy at church went to Florida for a week. When he came back he said the temperatures and humidity were worse in DC than in Florida. Yes, it's true, it's not a good idea to visit us in the summer if you don't like to sweat all day long.


Now, whey this story really matters to me! My A/C in my car doesn't work. Now, I know this isn't Arizona heat, but when it's 95 degrees and the humidity is over 90% ... well, you can imagine. When I drive to work I carry a hankerchief with me to wipe of the condensation (aka sweat) from my face. And every day when I get home from work, I have to shower from the drive home from work because I'm so hot! (Of course, Adele would claim it's because I'm all worked up with road rage from the heavy traffic and bad cab drivers, which may very likely be the case!) Regardless, days like what we've had lately makes the cold, windy Idaho weather seem a little more enviable.

1 comments:

The Claytons said...

Yo yo! We hear your pain - the other day when I took ALL 3 kids for a walk the air smelled like the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyland. And I felt like someone was misting me with a water bottle. Not that refreshing but at least I feel like I'm on vacation...